New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Friday, March 7, 2008

World of Warcraft: Guild Drama!!!

So, you have recently found yourself guildless, and now you need to find a new guild. No doubt you'll get picked up by some kind of guild before long, whether one of your friends gets you an invite, or you group with people who end up inviting you, or something. You start to settle in to this new guild, when you suddenly realize it is exactly like your last guild! How is it that every single guild seems to be made up of different version of the same people!?
If you've been in a few different guilds, you'll know what I'm talking about! There's always the I should be In charge member, who basically runs everything the guild does, but with a hint of bitterness because of all the effort he is putting forth is for a guild that belongs to someone else. I find these members are usually guys, but I have run into a few girl ones as well! I usually find that Mr.I Should Be In Charge plays female characters, just as a side note, lol.
Then there's the Inactive Guild Master, who logs on once a month to check on how things are going, but has mostly gotten sick of World of Warcraft and all the stresses of running a guild, so he's really not around that much. Of course if there is a problem he'll be there, ready to deal with it, but whenever you log on, you'll see Mr.I Should Be In charge playing, not the Inactive Guild Master. Usually I find the Inactive Guild Master plays a dwarf.
Next there's that member that is way better than everyone else in the guild, and no one can understand why he hasn't moved on to something better. He's usually fairly quiet, laid back, and always ready to lend a helping hand. Secretly every member of the guild wishes that Mr.Amazing were the Guild Master, but of course Mr.Amazing happens to be really close to the Guild Master, so he would never accept the promotion. If he ever does leave though, it is a good sign that the guild is about to fall apart. He usually plays a Nightelf.
Then, there is Mr.Nobody Likes Me. This is the person that has been in the guild f...o...r..e..v..e..r! but no one actually likes them! They joined way back when the guild was being formed, and has been like a bad case of lice since then! You just can't shake him! Just when he quits the guild, you think you've finally been mean enough to make him stay out, he logs on to one of his 100 alts that are in the guild and acts like nothing happened. He usually plays a dwarf or a gnome, or a few of both, lol.
Then there's my favorite: Miss.Everyone Here Loves Me. This is the one female that they have managed to get into the guild. She basically thinks she owns the guild, and usually the Inactive Guild Master is in love with her, so really, she does. She's nothing amazing when it comes to the game , but at one time she has dated or hooked up or been liked by or something with every single member. She's got her roots deep into the heart of the guild, kind of like a planter's wart. She usually plays only human females.
Being a girl, I always find Miss.Everyone Loves Me the hardest member to deal with when I join a new guild. I had always tried to be up front and honest about how she'd act, but no one would ever say anything to her and I'd end up leaving because of course she's not going to be nice to someone who is invading her territory. Subliminal warfare is how to deal with her! I am just so nice that she seems like a jerk if she says anything bad about me. If she's rude to me directly, then I'm twice as sweet to her, until finally she starts questioning her own meanness. She either straightens out quick and we become friends, or she quits the guild in the middle of the night when no one is on, and then says it is because she wanted to go make her own guild, or something like that, lol.
I've been through at least 10 guilds during my time playing World of Warcraft, and every single one has had these same members. Inactive Guild Master usually has it out with Mr.I Should Be In charge, or Miss.Everyone Here Loves Me hooks up with Mr.I Should Be In charge, or hates him or something to make things erupt between him and the Inactive Guild Master who loves her. Or everyone gets so sick of Mr.Nobody Likes Me that everyone goes to make a new guild without him and people get left behind and basically it ends up being a guild split. Without fail, something always happens to spark the end of the guild because of the clashing members. It is horrible!
I usually put a lot into guilds, having run one myself for a few years, I know how much helpful members can progress a guild, but it always ends up dieing on me. Maybe I throw off the unstable guild dynamics and really am the indirect cause of all these guild destructions. I think I'd probably be Miss.I'm A Girl and Better At This Game Than You so maybe the wavering guild makeup just can't support me.
I now find myself standing amidst the rubble of another fine guild that has just fallen apart, and I find myself asking if I can really go through it all again? It's really annoying having to start all over in a guild, start at the bottom and work my way back up, and I'm starting to question whether or not the raid contest is worth it, lol. Is there anyone out there who is in an awesome guild that has been together forever? If so, what kind of people are in it? Do you think it could handle a Miss.I'm A Girl and Better At This Game Than You???

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites



2 comments:

Jennie said...

As an afternote, if you read this and see any similarity to yourself, chances are I love you so don't be mad kay? haha... =S

Unknown said...

Back about a couple of months ago I could relate to the NE silent one. Except I was a Draenei and I was only a 55. The thing was there were alot of new members and every once and a while all of the sudden I appear behind a guild member who needed help and wonder "Where did he come from?" Even now I am pretty silent and I can't help as much with mostly 70 in the guild and me being 63, but hey it was fun helping while it lasted. : )