New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Monday, March 3, 2008

N64 Favs

I believe that the N64 is still the system that had the most of my favorite games on it! I've lost my N64 system (however someone loses a game system?), but if I still had it I am sure I'd still play a majority of these games today! So here's my list of favorite N64 games!

1. Golden Eye 007:
This game was SO good!!! The actual storyline fit with the movie well, which I liked because I have always been a huge fan of the Bond movies. I loved how you could interact with almost everything in the lvls, although I did waste a lot of time blowing up TV monitors in the bunker, lol. The multi player aspect of the game was definitely my favorite part though! Proximity mines + assault rifle ftw! lol. I was basically undefeated when it came to this game, which of course only made it more fun for me! Eventually it was hard to find people who would play with me though, lol.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:
This game was my first game that I would consider myself addicted to. With my 8+ hour long play sessions and humming the sun song at school, I'm pretty sure you could have called me a Ocarina Junkie! My poor eyes even ended up bloodshot and sore from sitting on my living room floor looking up at the TV for such long periods of time, lol. I still love everything about this game, from Epona to the Gorgons, and have recently started playing through the game again on my Game Cube. Definitely one of the coolest games of all time imo!

3.Perfect Dark:
I liked this game a lot, and played it just as much as Golden Eye. I loved that you could do multi player alone (with the Bots) and train by yourself to be able to beat your friends when you were actually playing with them. The Farsight was so cheap but I loved using it!!! The storyline was fun to play through as well, and it was the first game I had ever played where the main character was actually a girl!! It was such an awesome change!


4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:
This game was fun! Of course it could not compare to Ocarina of Time, but it was still good and cool in different ways! I loved that you could change into the Gorgon, Deku or the Zora! The Fierce Deity's Mask made Link look pretty cool as well! My favorite one was the Zora mask, I liked the Zoras best in the Ocarina of time, so it was cool getting to look like one, plus he played that little guitar, hehe, so cute! I liked that there was the impending doom of that scary looking moon crashing into the clock tower too! It gave the game a *hurry up* edge that made it a little more exciting!

5. Mario Kart 64:
The Mario Kart for Super Nintendo had been one of my favorite games, so of course this one became a quick favorite! I guess it really wasn't all that different from the Super Nintendo version, other than the new tracks and the better graphics, but it was still a lot of fun!!




6. Mario Party: Oh Mario Party! This game was great if you had a few people over, except for those damn mini games where you had to rotate the joystick really fast! Of course people didn't use their thumb, they used the palm of their hand, right? My poor palms were soooo blistered and red after a few games! Finally my mom said if we gave ourselves blisters anymore we weren't allowed to play the game, lol, so we had to do not as good on those mini games. I liked all of the Mario Party games, and they just got better and more interesting.


7. 1080 Snowboarding:
I never thought I would like this game. I think it maybe came with my system when we got it, which is the only reason I ever tried it, but it is actually a lot of fun! I don't know why I got so into it, I have never been a fan of snowboarding, but I played it quite often!





8. Pokemon Snap:
Yes, I loved this game! Weird eh? I was never all that into Pokemon, although I did collect the cards because they were all so cute, and I watched the show on YTV whenever I was home for lunch. I loved riding around in that cart taking pictures though, and trying to get awesome pictures of all the "rare" Pokemon, lol.




9. Super Mario 64:
This game came with my system, and I did really like it. It totally got overshadowed by Golden Eye and Zelda for me however. I played it for a while before I got the other games, but once I had them I don't think I ever touched this one again, lol. The 3D environment was really sweet though!




10. The World is Not Enough:
Definitely no where near as good as Golden Eye, but I played through the game anyways. I did enjoy it to a degree, but there really was so many games that I loved that perhaps this one doesn't really deserve a place among my favorites . . .





11. WCW/nWo Revenge:
Can you believe that I liked this game? I hate wrestling, and always have, but I really enjoyed this game! I liked that you could change the names of your wrestlers and that you could beat people up with things the audience gave you, lol. I never did any single player with this game, but it was a blast to play with a few friends!




No comments: