New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Monday, March 17, 2008

Mass Effect Expansion: Bringing Down The Sky

So I finally got around to buying this and downloading it today. It cost me 400 Microsoft points (not too bad) and didn't take that long to download. I was pretty excited to get my hands on anything new for the game because it is one of my all time favorites!

I didn't know like anything about the new content before I started playing, but basically Commander Shepard has to go to this asteroid, which is being propelled through space with fusion rockets, and stop it before it slams into the plant of Terra Nova, killing millions. It was being brought to the planet's orbit to be surveyed for its minerals, but a group of the new (and supremely ugly) race called the Batarians have hijacked it.

I enjoyed playing through the new content, it was fun to break out Liara and Wrecks again and explore somewhere new, but to complete the whole thing only took me about 30-45 mins, and I explored every inch of that asteroid. I don't regret buying it though because although it doesn't seem like much, I guess for a new planet it cost me about a 10th of the total game price, which is reasonable.

As a bonus, when you complete the planet you get to choose a reward! I picked the Human Heavy Armor and it looks sweet!
I can hardly wait until the next expansion or sequel! I love Mass Effect! =D

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn straight girl, I like it too. I was thinking about buying the expansion, it came out here in Australia a while ago on XBOX live, but i'll givbe it a dig.

If you download anything else worth getting let me know.
Gamertag: liquidsilk 00
Cheers