New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mass Effect: Best RPG for the 360!


Mass Effect



Originally I got this game because I had heard that it was really similar to Knight of the Old Republic, which is one of my all time favorite games. I liked how you could customize the facial features of your character to such an extent, and I spent a long time making my character look as much like me as possible. It was fun, but I ended up making my character's neck way too skinny so that it looked weird sometimes in the game.
The story line was really engaging and roped me in right away, keeping me glued to the TV for hours! I really liked how the character interacted with everyone, especially the crew members! I think the thing that kept me playing long after I should have shut down the console for the night was the developing romances between my character, Kaiden and the Asari Liara (whose name I love!).
I had been totally in love with Carth from Knights of the Old Republic, and Kaiden really reminded me of him. It was only after I'd finished the game that someone told me that they are both voiced by the same person, lol. I was disappointed that you were forced to choose between Ashley and Kaiden on Vermire, even though I really didn't have to think twice about who I was leaving behind. Ashley had always annoyed me. I didn't like having to finish the game with a missing crew member though, even if it was only her missing.
I played through the game as a renegade, which of course is so much fun! I was disappointed that you had to choose between Kaiden and Liara even as a renegade (or end up being stuck with Liara), because I think a true renegade could have had them both! lol . . . Of course I chose Kaiden, but on the next play through I went with the Asari! (Girl on girl ftw? lol, such a guy's game . . .)
I played through all the side quests and party member quests as I went along, and so beating the game took me about a week. I have since played through it a few more times, trying out different endings and trying (it is a lot harder for me!) to be full paragon. It's a lot more fun being a renegade I think. With all the different options and quests and party members plus the upcoming expansion, Mass Effect is definitely the biggest and best RPG that I have played for the 360.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mass Effect is definately a game that more people should explore even if it is one of their first RPG because it does a nice job in blending action with RPG for a smoother transition. Check out my blog if you are interested in Mass Effect at http://thecodex-masseffect.blogspot.com/