New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Monday, March 3, 2008

Gamer Girl's Favs (Nintendo Games)

Hiya!
So I thought I'd start out my bloggin' with a quick list of my all time favorite Nintendo games! Here they are in chronologically attempted order . . .

1. Zelda II:
The Adventure of Link:
This was the first Nintendo game I really got into. I must have been like 8 when I started playing it. I had always liked the silly little games on the Atari that we had, like Q-Bert and Joust and stuff, but Zelda II was the first game that I played for hours and hours. I guess I really got into the adventurous, slightly RPG aspects of the game, and I liked being better than my dad at solving all the puzzle parts that he'd gotten stuck on. That damn Ganon that laughed at you every time you died gave me nightmares though!




2. Cont
ra:
This was the next game that I got into. It was quite a change from Zelda II, but I liked the cooperative play option that gave me a chance to play with my brothers. The "3D" parts seemed awesome back then too! The monsters were scary and fun to shoot as well. I tried it again recently as a xbox 360 arcade game, but it wasn't nearly as much fun. To this day I still don't know what the game plot is, lol.






3. Super Mario Bros:
So of course this was one of my favorite games! I had the Super Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt game, but I played Super Mario Bros a lot more. I beat it many times and used to know all the secret shortcuts! I never owned #2 or #3, so neither of those would go down as my favorites, but I always enjoyed playing them at my neighbours house!






4. Duck Hunt:

I LOVED Duck Hunt! To this day I still have that red and grey gun tucked away in a drawer somewhere, even though I don't own the original Nintendo system anymore. I just can't bring myself to get rid of it, lol. At first my mom would only let me do the clay pigeon shooting part of the game (I guess she didn't want me to think shooting ducks was a good idea, lol). Eventually she let me shoot the ducks though, which was a lot more fun, and easier! How annoying was that dog!? I think everyone who ever played that game wished he was shootable, lol.



5. Karate Kid:

This one I got into because I loved the Karate Kid movies. I watched them so many times and liked how I recognized certain aspects of the movie in the game (like catching the flies in the chop sticks!)










6. Kirby's Adventure
:
This was a fun little game! I don't remember why specifically I liked it so much, but I am sure it had to do with stealing the monsters abilities by eating them and the sounds of the game, because those are what I remember most, lol.









7. The Legend of Kage:

This was a game I really liked, but I don't remember if I ever finished it. I don't remember much from it other than rescuing some girl and the forest changing seasons? To this day though sometimes I'll hear music and be like, oh that sounds like something from Legend of Kage! lol.









8. Rampage
:
I loved this game! I was always George! It's amazing how much fun I had being a giant money eating yellow haired ladys after knocking them out of their buildings, lol.










No comments: