New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Monday, July 14, 2008

OMG Party Chat On Xbox Live!?


So I've always been rather disappointed that there isn't any kind of party chat offered on xbox live other than in game ones. I was surprised when I found out that you could only chat with one person at a time in an xbox live chat party, and found it rather inefficient, because there was always a few people I wanted to be talking to, and instead of just all talking together, I had to choose between friends! Lol. I was so glad to hear that sometime this year Xbox Live will be undergoing a variety of changes, including adding a party chat that can accommodate up to 8 people! =D That will be awesome!

I guess they are also adding "Avatars". Supposedly these will be similar to the Wii's "Mii" things. I've never seen a Mii, because I have only played a Wii once, but I like the idea of being able to customize your own little character! I hope there are lots of customization options though and not like a few different choices for how your Avatar can look, because it would be really lame if everyone's ended up looking alike!

In addition to the party chat and Avatars they are also adding Xbox Live Primetime. I guess you will be able to play games against other people with a host, and you can win real prizes! Lol, this sounds sweet, other than so far I haven't been good enough at any games to ever win anything... but who knows, maybe they'll have like a singing game, because I could totally win something on a game like Rock Band or Karaoke Revolutions, lol.

Finally they are making it so you can copy any game to your 360 hard drive. You will still need to have the disk in the 360, but it will help you eliminate long load times, and I am assuming it will fix whatever is wrong with my Oblivion that makes it crash if I don't save every 2 minutes, so I am looking forward to that! You'll also be able to buy things from the xbox marketplace online and they will be downloaded onto your console.

I am really looking forward to all these changes! They say the 360 is going to be geared more towards the casual gamer now, which is cool because I consider myself a casual gamer and all... Although all this new stuff does sound fantastic, I'd just like to point out that i.m.o, Microsoft totally didn't need to change anything because the 360 already owned all the other systems anyways! hehe

♥LGG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about 360 being the best system out there!! I think live contests for actual prizes would be pretty sweet, game on buddy I'd take you in a singing contest:) haha