New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Thursday, April 10, 2008

No More Adventures Under Stormwind!!?! =(


So I was a bit bored in WoW today, and thought I might slip under Stormwind for a little fun. For those of you who have never been, basically you glitched up the wall to the north of the SW Bank. You jumped up the wall on invisible steps and then could drop down underneath SW. It was something I used to do quite often, and when you were waiting for a BG or whatever, it was a fun way to pass the time.

I figured blizzard was well aware of the glitch because of the amount of people who knew about it, and had probably put it there purposefully. I guess I was wrong =( I tried jumping up the wall today, and NO INVISIBLE STAIRS!!! I was shocked and tried it on a different character, still nothing. I then went to the SW auction house, where it was possible to glitch up the wall to stand in the rafters. Even those invisible steps were gone!!! I was so bummed so I asked in general if anyone knew if Blizzard had fixed it, but no one really knew or cared.

It was so fun to go under there! Depending on where you jumped into the massive holes you could come out in different places in SW. Jumping in one would let you drop from the ceiling of the mage tower, and another would bring you up in the basement of the Slaughtered Lamb. Or my favorite, you could stand in the hallway behind the barred up SW instance between Old Town and the Trade District. Of course it was bad if horde knew about it because they could ghost into the city and rez under there and make their way around unnoticed, but I never saw any horde down there, other than myself.

I always said I would quit WoW if they ever got rid of my glitchy playground! I am sad that it is gone, and am not sure if it will make me quit WoW like I had always said, but it definitely made me grumpy enough to shut it off today! It was such a fun little glitchy place and whoever ratted it out and got it fixed better have horrible WoW luck for the rest of their playing days damnit!!!

3 comments:

Adamantyr said...

Hi, a friend pointed me to your blog, and I find it very enjoyable. And you're gorgeous. ;)

I think they did some unmentioned "changes" in the 2.4 patch to fix some final elements of the original "wall-walking" problem. That's probably why those invisible steps disappeared.

Prior to Burning Crusade, you used to be able to get into JUST the right position where you could walk (not run) along a flat surface. This allowed people to get to all sorts of places. After the patch, this was largely negated.

However, there was still some little tricks that worked. There's a gap in Loch Modan you could jump up at just the right angle to get onto the mountains, which you could then cross over to get to above IronForge, to the Gnomish Airport, and down below to the Wetland farms. I tried it after 2.4 and couldn't seem to make that last little jump anymore...

I can understand why they did it, but it still feels like they just slammed a glass wall down on top of the maze so the "rats" couldn't get out. :( I'd like to see them retool the original world maps so that you could use your flying mounts, then you could visit those places. I mean, what's the harm?

Jennie said...

Thank you =)

I would love if they made flying mounts usable in Azeroth eventually! Maybe I'd spring for an epic flyer then...lol.

I didn't know they cut us off from the top of IF too! I went there a lot less because it was so out of the way, but it was cool!

I cant help feeling I should have spent more time in those glitchy places! haha...

Unknown said...

I dont know why its such a big deal that they dont want people getting under stormwind, its an entertaining diversion from time to time.