New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mr.Pinchy and the Magical Crawdad


So I heard about the impossible to find Mr.Pinchy a while ago, and had tried fishing in Skettis for him for a few hours. Basically I read that if you had max fishing and fished for hours, there was still a low chance that you would ever find him. When you did find him, he gives you three wishes (a two day cool down on each wish) and these wishes can range from him presenting you with some potions, him protecting you for a while, or him turning and attacking you. The wish I wanted was to get the Magical Crawdad, which is a non-combat pet. Considering the low chance of finding Mr.Pinchy and then only a chance you will get the Magical Crawdad, I basically gave up hope of ever adding this little fella to my large pet collection.

Recently I had begun leveling my cooking on my main (Holy Paladin) so that I could do the cooking dailys. I had already leveled it to 375 on a level 40 character, so had put off doing it again all this time. I was up in skettis fishing in the schools there for Golden Darters. I had my fishing boots, fishing hat, fishing hook, truesilver fishing line and arcanite fishing rod, a total of +148 fishing to my 375 skill. I was so excited when I saw Mr.Pinchy pop into my inventory, but would not allow myself to be too happy because I was sure I would not be lucky enough to get my Magical Crawdad. I was hopeful however because there were three wishes, and I right clicked while holding my breath and BAM Magical Crawdad in my inventory!!! I was SOO happy, more happy even then when I found Mojo in ZA, lol (although Mojo is super cute).

I had never expected to find this little guy! He is very cute and almost never despawns, even if you are flying around on your flying mount, lol. If anyone is trying for him, I made a note of the coordinates where the school was that I fished him from! It was at (64, 79) in Skettis in Terrokar Forest. I used my first wish standing right there. I have yet to use my other two wishes, but when I do I'll comment on what I got!

Good luck fishing this little guy out! If anyone has any questions I may not have answered on how to find him here please ask! I'll be happy to help anyone find him to the best of my ability =)

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, i've had WoW cravings lately, after month's of not really playing much to speak of i sorta feel like playing again :s.

Jennie said...

Lol yeah you can escape it for a few months, but it always pulls you back in!! haha or the people do? I'm not sure which yet =)

Unknown said...

a bit of both i'd say, its a great game when your a gamer who plays other games, cause sometimes it can be the perfect thing to bridge the gap between major game releases.
I think that if i put more time on malkaren i probably wouldnt know what to do with him.
one of the things that has sorta had me wanting to play wow again is, cause of you, sam, lance etc, i miss you guys. And vent is UGH i hate my stupid new computer, i dont know why i cant get that thingy to work properly its annoying me.

Jennie said...

Lancypoo doesn't really play ne more =( Neither does Sam right now, haha. But still play for me! lol. There's a ton of new dailys and stuff and some sweet rep rewards if you're kinda under geared, you could totally work on those if you had absolutly nothing else to do! =D Or level your horde! hehe =)

Unknown said...

You know, i think the horde idea is the best one. I dont know if i'd stay with the level 11 blood elf lock that i have or not though, i do have a pally on malkarens account, but for some reason i always feel weird about using that account even tho it belongs to me, purely based on the fact that it isnt under my n ame, silly i know.
Anyway, i think that if i got back into wow again and played it a decent amount, as much as having a job allows that is. I'd like a fresher experience this time around, so i think horde might be the way to go.

Jennie said...

The horde totally rocks! You could get lost in the bliss of victory for MONTHS with a lvl 19 PvP character even! haha. The only reason I haven't moved over there completley is because of all my damn alliance characters! It would just seem like such a waste, ya know? People over there are awesome though! You never have to put up with annoying trade chat spam and every person you run by gives you a buff! haha it is so nice!

Jennie said...

For my second wish I got 5 mana pots and 5 health pots and for my third wish Mr.Pinchy followed me around and protected me for a little while.