New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Zenthos The Not So Mighty GM....LoL


So, for the past couple days I have been leveling a new character on a PvP server. I logged back onto my old server after getting kind of lonely on the PvP one, lol and just as I logged on, I noticed something strange in the general chat of Storm Wind.

I was on my bank character, scoping out who was online to chat with like I usually do, when I noticed that someone who was chatting in general had "Blizz" in front of their name, and not just like a title, like a little Blizz icon! So of course I was like, "omg a GM!" lol

I noticed that the GM seemed to be making a PvP group or something, so I rushed to the keep to see if I could get a glimpse of one of the all powerful GMs! No such luck, but I did come across Machete! (The pig in the picture above) He was level 65 and showed up as hostile, but you couldn't actually attack him because I guess he was the GM's pet. I had actually seen an animal like this one time in the Swamp of Sorrows that had shown it's name in red, and it had me targeted and was following me around a bit before disappearing, and had always wondered about it. I guess it may have been a GM Hunter's pet?

So I hung out with Machete in the keep for a while, he wasn't targeting anything or moving around much, just kinda hanging out, but the GM was talking in general chat a little bit, not really talking to anyone in particular, just talking. I decided to try and see the GM, so I asked politely for the piggy to show me to the GM... lol. The pig then started running and I followed it! haha. It was so much faster than me, and a bunch of people on mounts were following it (my character was like level 1, lol) but the pig kept stopping and turning back to wait for me to catch up! lol.

Anyways, so I followed it to just outside the Auction House in Storm Wind where it jumped up on a box and stopped(the place I have circled on the following pic), so I asked the pig if the GM was around, and the GM said he was in like the "/s" chat, but no one could see him because he was invisible or something, lol. He told us all to dance, lol so we did, and then said that everyone who wanted something had to go send him some gold and he'd give them what they wanted before Blizz took away his powers, lol.

I quickly ran to the mail box and sent the "GM", whos name was Zenthos, 5G and asked for a baby Phoenix pet, lol. I never even questioned why the GM would want my gold, just really wanted to get something special from him! lol...

So after a few more minutes, Machete disappeared and then the "GM" came back online as just a regular player! I am not sure exactly what happened, but I guess basically it was just some guy who had hacked something, lol? I armory'd the guy... too bad he didn't hack himself some better gear... lol This is him here. So basically I was all excited because I thought I was following around a GM's pig... when really it was just some hunter who managed to make his pet look aggressive, himself disappear, and get it to say "Blizz" before his name, lol. I kinda wish I had sent him more gold though, because that was one of the best scams I've ever seen for getting some fast cash! lol. I hope he doesn't get banned for too long, haha, because it all was rather entertaining!

6 comments:

Adamantyr said...

I had a similar thing happen in Ultima Online once... a guy was hiding near a dragon that was curiously non-aggressive and he pretended to be the dragon... for the few minutes he kept up the illusion it was rather exciting.

Breaks of pattern are what really stand out in games... the good ones take advantage of this by getting the player used to something, and then doing something else at a pivotal moment.

Of course, you also have fellows like that, which take advantage of an anomaly to garner some attention and money. He'll be suspended and/or banned of course for impersonating a Blizzard employee... but at least you got a show for your money. :)

Unknown said...

I thought that was a pretty funny story, especially considering that you actually thought it was such a good scam that you wish you'd given more money, thats kinda odd on so many levels sorry jenn :P lol!

Jennie said...

haha... well I totally sent him 10 more gold when I logged back in... :)

Unknown said...

LMAO, nice jenn, nice... :P

S0ulseeker said...

LMAO I think I know that guy...I used to quest with him, and I believe he was in LoH for a little while...

~S0ulseeker

Jennie said...

Lol are you serious!? Was he in the guild when I was in the guild?? Is he a major hacker? lol