New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gears of War for the 360

So, perhaps it seems a bit late for a review on the few year old game, but I like to blog on what I play, and believe it or not, I still play Gears from time to time!

So what keeps me coming back to this MMOFPS when there are a few other, more popular ones out there (COD4, Halo 3, etc)? Gears is just different!

Gears just has this bloody, rough, rude and dirty feel to it! Of course I love COD4, and I know lots of people love Halo 3, but Gears still ranks high in comparison in my books, even though you can barely ever find people to play with these days! When I get tired of being sniped in COD4, or when my Oblivion freezes and I haven't saved in a while, or sometimes if I am just bored, I'll throw in some Gears and chainsaw the hell out of people and that always makes me smile! Nothing in COD4 compares to the excitement of a shotgun showdown in Gears and none of the soldiers from COD4 look nearly as tough as the COG gang! Although I do hate playing them because they are so ugly, the Locust do look pretty cool too!

I really like how there can be someone who is SO GOOD at Gears, and you can still get lucky sometimes and own them if you're careful. I think the chainsaws are ridiculously fun, and love how angry people get when you sneak up and get them with it! It is 100 times easier to play than COD4 (in terms of skill I mean), which is a nice change if I don't feel like taking my game playing seriously that day. Oh, and how cool is the Hammer of Dawn?!

Of course there are some not so good things about Gears, like the fact that if you're sprinting you can barely see anything other than your character's back. The bug that if you are downed with certain weapons out you can't switch. You can't play a female character, and of course the lag that sometimes makes a deadly shotgun blast to the chest shoot a car 5 feet behind you... but despite these, the game is still a blast! And this is only the multiplayer! There is a offline storyline to play through as well that is interesting, fun, and slightly frightening at times!

I think it would be so much fun to have another night of Gears with all my xbox friends like we used to ages ago! I think I'll try to set one up sometime soon, so if you read this and you're still into Gears, add me on xbox live and tell me, I'll try to include you if not many of my buds will play again!

Chainsaws Forever!
LittleGamerGirl <3

No comments: