New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Idiot Raid Leaders FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!


Dear Blog,

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I am starting to do the raiding thing a tiny bit on my new main, Sylvadora. She's not geared that great, only like a 1750 gear rating, but I just started gearing her. I usually do about 2-2.6K dmg, which isn't anything to brag about, but it's average for a ret pally at the stage I am at.

My guild's been slowly breaking up (as all guilds I join do) so I have been pugging heroics and VoA as often as I can.

I joined a VoA 25 group a couple days ago when Wintergrasp ended, and waited around for about 30 minutes for it to fill up. I even invited one of my friends to help speed up the process. Once the group was formed the leader Koyuki from Maelstrom, informed us that if we didn't have an arena team, we didn't get to roll on PvP gear. No one really seemed to mind this rule, and since I have an arena team, I didn't complain, but the way he said it was pretty douchey and I started to worry a bit.

The group started at Koralon The Flame Watcher, which I have done a few times now. I know this boss is new and not everyone knows it yet, but no one in the group said they didn't know what they were doing, and so we started. The tank stood in the same spot the whole fight! He just stood there in the fire, lol. There were so many Flaming Cinders that I kept having to back out and stand there until one of them went away so I'd have room to not burn to death while DPSing. I also was trying to help heal up myself and the tank because no one else was getting out of the fire, so the tank was dieing when the healers tried to heal the group...

Needless to say, it was a horrible attempt!

Then after we all run back in and buff up, the raid leader points out that I only managed a 1.5K dmg ON THE WIPE attempt. Two seconds later I am booted from the group. I was the last person alive who wasn't standing in the flame cinders, I helped keep the tank up, I healed myself, and tried to DPS when I could get in there, but they kicked me out!

Of course I was furious because I had been standing around for this thing to start for such a long time AND because the raid leader was such a complete idiot for judging someone's dmg on such a feeble attempt, so I whispered the raid leader. I explained that the tanks are supposed to kite the boss to avoid a flame cinder build up, and that no mele dps were doing dmg to their full potention unless they were standing in the flames getting owned. Of course... no response!

My friend stayed in the group, which wiped three more times because the tanks kept dying while standing in the flame cinders and then the group fell apart. So I was happy about that, lol.

The point of this blog is just to point out that simply making raid desicions based on a freaking DMG meter is rediculous! Koyuki you are a SUPER dumbass and I'll be sure to avoid you in any raid situation from here on out, and Koralon is easy, when the whole group doesn't stand in the flames!

Idiots! Idiots! Idiots!!!

>< I so hate pugs!

No comments: