New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I <3 Heirlooms!


I just happened to have a few Emblems of Heroism and a couple hundred Stone Keeper's Shards sitting around, so I decided to grab myself a couple of the pieces of heirloom gear... I got myself the cloth heirloom chest with my emblems and the mantle with my stone keeper shards. I decided on cloth because I already have a 80 paladin and deathknight, so that makes plate kind of a waste, and three classes could wear cloth, so it seemed logical.

Both the chest and the shoulders give you a 10% experience bonus from killing mobs and quest turn ins, which makes it 20% if you have both! There are weapons and trinkets as well, but they don't give any experience bonus, so I wasn't as concerned about getting them. I do intend to save up the 325 stone keeper shards to get the Grand Staff of Jordan for my clothies however!

I probably should have spent my emblems on something more practical for my 80, but after hearing about Cataclysm, I am just thinking that it's probably best if I put my efforts into leveling up alts, not gearing up one single toon. All that gear is going to be useless again, just like after BC AND WotLK, and I don't know if I have the heart for it again, lol. I'm still going to raid as much as I can with Sylvadora and enjoy my days as a ret pally, but I do have like 8 level 70 toons who I still need to get to 80, plus all my new horde alts, so that will take up a lot of my time!

The point of my blog though, is to say that if you have an 80, and you aren't sure what to do with yourself, start getting yourself some heirlooms so that leveling up your alts is a breeze! All you have to do is complete the weekly Wintergrasp quests for Stone Keeper Shards and run heroics for the Emblems! The heirlooms bind to your account, so you can send them to any alt you want!

<3 LGG

No comments: