New Blog Site - Miss Mediocre

For more recent gamer blog posts writen by J.W.P please visit www.missmediocre.com

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Sims 3 - My Big Disappointment of 2009


Like any true Sim fan, I have been excited about the release of the Sims 3 since last year! I was very into the original Sims and all it's expansions, and then even more into the Sims 2 and all the expansions for it! When Sims 2 came out, it was so much better than the original Sims in so many ways, that you didn't really notice that you were missing the content of all the expansions. The addition of Aspirations really made up for it, and each expansion was just like a nice bonus.

With Sims 3, I must admit that I was rather disappointed! I had all the expansions for Sims 2, and going from that to Sims 3 was like just like taking away all the expansions! Sure, there are some new things! Items are now customizable in game, which makes designing and decorating your homes more fun. They've added gardening and fishing. Your Sim can have traits which make them a little more unique than before. You can wander around town without going through loading screens, and there's no more "fears" like in Sims 2. Other than these things however, it is the same as Sims 2! I have all the system requirements, but I can still only run the game at it's minimum settings, which leaves it even looking the same as the Sims 2, lol.

I mean, once they start popping out the expansions for this game, it will be great, but you'd think they could maybe include some of the Sims 2 expansion ideas (Nightlife, University, Free Time, Open for Business) in with the first Sims 3, rather than making us wait for them, and then pay extra for them! Personally I played the game for the first three days, and then once I had done everything, completed 4 different Sim's lifetime aspirations, whoo-hooed out a few dozen babies, I got bored of it! Also, just like in Sims 2, once your Sim family makes enough money, and you build your giant mansion, it basically runs so slow you have to stop playing them (even with the system requirements!)

If you are on the fence about purchasing this game, I'd say don't! I mean, if you are a die hard Sim fan, you're definitely going to want to switch to the Sims 3, but maybe not for a few years! I'd stick with Sims 2 and all the expansions until Sims 3 gets boxed with at least two new expansions! Otherwise, you're just going to get bored and wish you hadn't uninstalled your Sims 2 to make room for Sims 3!

Sorry Sims, I love you, but you really let me down this time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree 1000% !!!

But you CAN fish and grow gardens in Sims 2, and even open a business to sell your produce and fish.